Here’s a shout-out to Gene Ingram, thanking him for working with me on a project.

A while back I was perusing the “Art of the Knife” by Joe Kertzman. I love hunters and skinners.

On page 211 under the heading “ Hunters can be Art Knives” there is a picture of S.R. Johnson’s interpretation of RW Loveless “Lambs”.

[Linked Image]

The gut hook knife doesn’t do much for me, but the other two. Wow!

It didn’t take long to find out at $8k to $10K that I'd have to live with the Johnson I was born with, and that those two weren’t going to happen.

A short time before this, I had seen one of Gene Ingram’s interpretation of a Loveless “lamb” in the knife forum on ARAIG.
I asked him if he could do one for me with the same green canvas micarta scales like the one on ARAIG. He agreed to put me in line.

However lust was in my heart and the S.R. Johnson’s kept tickling my desire button. I sent Gene the pix above of the “lambs” and asked him if might consider doing a set of the two I liked.

He told me he did not do bolsters and that I might ought to look elsewhere.

I said that the blade shape was more important than the bolsters. I also inquired whether Mammoth Ivory might be available. He said he would get back to me.

Fast forward a couple months and we spoke again. Gene suggested that he had acquired some giraffe bone that he liked and sent me a pix. Lust at first sight.

I aked him if he would do the set in the giraffe bone and he said yes. Three knives on order. Now the wait began.

Well he contacted me a week or so ago and said they would be in the mail shortly.

[Linked Image]

I received them last Thursday, just before I was to head to my lease on Friday morning. Was I jazzed.

So here goes.

[Linked Image]

S30V steel, green canvas micarta, black liners, stainless/micarta pins and tapered tang.

[Linked Image]

I had the opportunity to ruin the collector value this weekend…………

[Linked Image]

I thanked him last nite and mentioned since this knife was not really a “Lamb” and not exactly a bird and trout………

[Linked Image]

Would he mind if I called it my Ingram "Pig and Coon".

He was gracious enough to acquiesce.

What a guy!

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.