Originally Posted by kennyd
Who is froem that area? This looks to be as big as the big blowup from what I saw on TV.

My sons father in law and brother in law both work there. Luckily they were home here on their days off in Southern Alberta.

Bad scene for sure. Our provincial government (NDP) has been totally incompetent when it came to dealing with this. The Leader of the Opposition Party (Wild Rose Party, Conservatives)in Alberta is from Ft Mac, is their representative. He lost his home in the fire yet has been a strong voice for Albertans. Thank God we have strong people here in Alberta, the city will recover. Regardless of the (in)actions of the ruling party.
One member of the NDP tweeted that it is karma that the oil city burned as he gloated over citizens loss of property and livilhood.
The NDP finally declared a state of emergency this afternoon, after saying there was no need this AM. Dumbphukrs! The Canadian Forces are now able to deploy resources to assist, something they were ready to do and according to friends I have still serving, couldn't believe took so long for the NDP to declare. I could go on but it just depresses me. Thank the Good Lord there has been no loss of life.