Howdy fom south of the firestorm !
This devil is s CAT6 fire and will more than likely be upgraded in time!🙀
This fire jumped the Athsbasca River at a point where it is close to 600 yards wide !
No words can describe what I went through getting my family out and I was not in too bad a shape compared to some .
As far as I can tell, from Google earth my house is still intact as is my son's and s friend's place who we originally thought had lost it.
Many have lost everything and have small kids etc.

However , to put things in place you must realize this about the people who live up here . We are a high majority of outdoorsman , tough as nails and very resourceful . To boot , a very high number of city residents are trained in first aid and industrial safety procedures .l and know how to deal with emergencies
Despite only one road north and one road out of the city until about 30 miles out, 88,000 people evacuated , an entire hospital was evacuated in two hours,a seniors home evacuated in one shot with two motor coaches ,5 construction camps opened up to house the evacuees,with two babies born in the process and NO LOSS of life !!

On Thursdsy night the wind changed and drove thr true south into the town of Anzac and forced the of the emergency shelters , Anzac, and the Fort McMurray first nations to the village of Conklin another 60 or so miles south .
However it has now shifted to the North east into the boreal forest area that is uninhabited , it is over 90,000 hectares now .
There were several fatalities yesterday down by Lac La Biche when a tanker hit an SUV setting off another fire .

This whole scenario is hopped off by many stories of people loading up their trucks and trailers with supplies and fuel and rolling north to help thise stranded on the road - simply unbelievable !!
BTW we have lost over 1,600 homes so far
Cat

scopes are cool, but slings 'n' irons RULE!