Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by rost495
well, fwiw I've built a bit of fence, thats all posts used to come in around here.... and we've done a lot on power poles at work too, and here at home as fence posts also.

My body had never said bad at all.

Of course I don't get down and breathe the dust of anything I cut, but have not worn a dust mask etc.... when working with it.

Full cover clothes, avoid skin contact RE burns.

Never ever felt bad after days of working it.

YMMV but I still say until its over rated as to teh danger issue.

But then again we used to spray agent orange on fence lines too... and it probably did cause grandma and grandpa to head to their reward early, both only made it to the early 90s.

Yeah... I don't know how bad it's rated so I don't know if it's overrated as a hazard. smile I cut it, and would again, if I had to... but it was nasty. To be minimized (IMHO).....

Cut a lot of treated wood building my house. NastiER. The stuff that really got my attention though was Hardiplank siding. Doesn't take much dust from that stuff (silicosis) to where I'd actually feel tightness & pain in my lungs. I was glad to be done with THAT.

Holy crap? Dust from hardiplank made you feel that way? I"ve never used a mask, when I likely should have, but then I would always watch the wind etc....

You might should get some input from the doc if things like hardi dust and treated dust and creosote give you chest tension, you may have CPOD or such

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....