Originally Posted by rost495
Late to this talk. I hate Ruger. Its the one I'd buy though, many more aftermarket things available for it for sure. Thats a big reason to me.

Plus the ones we bought way before Bill screwed us, are extremely accurate.

By that I mean a slabside i have somewhere in the safe will shoot wiht standard velocity, under an inch for 10 shots at 50 yards..

I have a Mark III competition (slab side) that will manage 1/2 inch groups at 25 yards with a scope off a rest. A new gun this year.

I shoot the stock trigger and have all the lawyer features that shipped with the gun. call me lazy? But for those who care, all the legal crap can be removed and replaced.

I believe this gun was designed by Bill Ruger and the standard version was his first product. The lawyers and some commie states screwed up the gun. Bill may have passed prior to the MkIII. Dont know, what I do know- It is an EASY fix to get back to a MkII featured gun. There was some improvement in the magazine release. Not the block, that can be backed out.

The MkIII fluted hunter is a really cool looking gun if anyone cares about style.