David, can't speak for everyone, but I've got a Gemtech GM-22. I also have a Dead Air Mask HD ordered that should clear Form 3 soon.

The GM-22 is a lightweight aluminum monocore, which is exactly why I bought it. It's all aluminum except for the thread assembly. Very lightweight suppressor. One of the big things I like about it is that adding the suppressor doesn't change point of impact on my guns. Love this. It will handle calibers .22lr, .22wmr, and .17hmr. Cost: $300.

I've only had one problem with the GM-22 and it was my fault. After tightening the monocore into the tube too tight to shoot one rifle, the core got froze up with the tube. Soaked it in Kroil for 2 weeks and a buddy helped me get it popped loose. It has a 1/4" drive socket hole in the business end. We put a 1/4" drive socket handle in a vise and twisted the suppressor with 2 hands and it popped loose. Good thing to note here, I had already called Gemtech and spoke with their head tech guy, Joey, and he said it wouldn't be any problem at all to ship it back to them and they'd take care of it right away and ship it back to me. Customer service had also been a consideration in my purchase and Gemtech proved themselves with that response. Out of my Kidd 10/22, the sound is roughly nothing more than a slightly resonant clicking noise when using CCI SV or Gemtech 42 gr suppressor designed ammo. When I ordered the Kidd, I ordered a bolt buffer for better noise suppression and all of the above work well together.

Thompson Machine makes one very similar to the GM-22 that is called ISIS.

The reason I chose the Dead Air Mask was for quality of materials used and sound, as well as the familiar K-baffle design. It's made of titanium and stainless steel. Can't wait to get my hands on this one. All reviews I've found are completely positive. It will handle all .17-.22 rimfire and 5.7x28. Cost: $375.

TacSol makes a very similar suppressor called the AXIOM which has been around for a little while and has great reviews. Also, great company to deal with.

Interested to know what you chose as a 7.62 can. ??

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH