Originally Posted by jackmountain
No safe Queen, but for being 60 years old and hunted with, it's in good shape. Bolt won't clear the ocular on that scope and it's obviously not period correct, so no idea what the story is on that.....mounts appear period and are Redfield. I'd say my aunt's son stole the scope off it and put that cheap POS on there.

My first thought was to pull that simmons off and throw it in the trash can. It does the rifle no favors... As for price/value (real world), the best advice is to look at a couple blue books of gun values like the "The Red Book of Winchester Values". This is one of my favorite books and it has been pretty spot on accurate. This book says a rifle in "90%" condition is worth $4680.00. Now market value may be a little less, but probably not by much. However, as previously mentioned, the 52C sporting rifle had a higher monte carlo stock on it. I'm a little leery about the OP's description and the title. I'm reluctant to believe it's a "52C". It is however, a sporter (sporting rifle). The 52A and B have a low comb stock. That sure is a beautiful little rifle you have. Good luck with it, and don't let that damn cousin touch it again!!! laugh

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA