A local shop has a kimber hunter 308 on the shelf for $719. My initial thoughts are that I'm impressed. For a Tupperware stock it felt good and had a pretty stiff forend. The detachable mag seemed well executed for a detachable. However, it did look like the feed lips were part of the mag and not the rails of the action. I don't know that you could drop a hunter barreled action into a montana stock and have it work due to the feeding off the rails verses mag box but I'm not sure.

I still think the stock on the montana is worth the extra cash but if a guy has to stay in the $700 range I think the hunter may set the bar in that bracket. I was looking for a tikka T3 stainless in 6.5 swede but for the money I think I'd rather have a hunter in 6.5 creedmoor.

Has anyone else handled a hunter? What's your thoughts?

I'm still wishing I would have picked up a few more 2015 montanas when they were clearing out at $999. The montana stock and action are worth the $999 and then you can spend another $500-$600 to have it rebarreled to the cartridge and twist you want. I'm leaning hard towards rebarreling one of my 8400 montanas to 6.5 saum on an 8 twist Rock with a .298" neck .081" freebore reamer. Anyone have suck s reamer they'd rent?

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 05/15/16.