I just added one to my outdoor cooking arsenal. Just the two of us so I bought a small Pittboss to try out. Pretty much as everyone else have said.......not as much smoke as a true smoker, not good for searing a steak but great for low & slow cooking. I did smoke a salmon fillet the other day, and it came out great, but it highlighted a weakness in the system in that your fire can go out at the lowest (smoke) setting and a bit of wind. This also made me wish for a feature that mine doesn't have which is a fire box cleanout to dump unburnt pellets that were fed in before the grill figured out the fire was out. I turned my grill into a freakin' blast furnace when I restarted it without cleaning it out first! Operator error. I don't know all the brands that have that bottom clean out feature but it's something I recommend as a "must have". All in all though, everything I've done on it so far has been very good. Will be trying some skinless chicken breasts tomorrow.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn