This question is for Mule Deer, and anyone else with experience loading with Hornady's Superformance powder.

I own a Browning X-Bolt .30-06, which I rarely use, but am getting set up for one of my sons to use this fall for deer and elk.

Out of curiosity, I bought a box of Hornady's Superformance ammo to try, with their 150 gr. GMX bullet. Their advertised MV for this round is 3080 fps.

This ammo goes over the chrono at 3050 fps, out of a 22" barrel, and was good for a couple of 2", 5-shot groups at 200 yards. This accuracy, and velocity, would work for a lot of applications that I can think of. I also like the monometal bullets, in somewhat lighter weights than traditional, for almost everything I shoot nowadays. Usually, it's Barnes TTSX and TSX bullets.

Now, my question is, can these velocities be duplicated using Hornady's Superformance powder, in .30-06? Before I get all geared up to handload for this rifle, I would like some indication that similar performance is possible compared to the factory ammo. My only knock on the Hornady factory stuff is it's cost.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....