Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by TheKid
I can't believe that anyone still buys Marlin 60s, or any current production Marlin 22 for that matter. To compare a Marlin 60 to a 10/22 and say it's better in any way aside from accuracy, which I admit it usually is out of the box, would be lying to yourself. The longevity and reliability of the Ruger is pretty unbeatable. And they use THE best magazine ever put in a rimfire anything. The days of unreliable hicap 10/22 mags are behind us too thanks to Ruger and the BX series of magazines, screw Butler creek and their Hotlips crap.
I've seen more constant jammer 10-22/s than you can shake a stick at. The 10-22 is another one that you look at the design of and shake your head thinking WTF was Bill Ruger thinking ? One action screw and a barrel band and you expect good accuracy ? One extractor that is too far from the breechface to hold the shell case firmly to it and you expect top notch extraction/ejection ? Oh, and I've seen my share of those rotary magazines that didn't feed worth a shyt too. I agree with the above poster that the 10-22 is bought by folks out of ignorance. Then when they find out it doesn't shoot worth a shyt {DUH !} they set about rebuilding the thing in an effort to compensate for it's basic design flaws and shytty loose tolerances. The 10-22 is the mini-14 of the rimfire world.

o come on guys.......................

you only gotta sink a buttload of money into a 10/22 buying after market this after market that to get it to shoot accurately and reliably

whats the big deal that an old school Winchester 190 or 290 with a semi decent scope on it and good ammo will run with a souped up 10/22 any day of of the week and fall short only in the fact that it is tube fed and slower to reload than a mag fed 10/22