Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by kennyd
don't forget they always "look into it". How about they learn what the law (and common sense) allow. Police always take any opportunity they can to stretch laws and snoop. How did they get involved to start with?

The School can't win. They system is set up that no matter what the School does, it loses. The Lawyers win and the butt hurt win while the taxpayers pay the bill. If you want to go to Prom expect to be scrutinized. Prom has a history of killing kids and many getting pregnant or becoming fathers. If you spend $25,000 on a Prom, you are an idiot.

I would like to see it all end and the school gets back to educating. No funs stuff and no frills. Fu$& it!!

kwg

The article didn't say anyone spent $25,000. It said that much was spent between 20 parents. I guess you haven't bought any prom dresses lately.

You are right, I have not bought a prom dress for over 10 years. I was the SRO who posted myself at the front door so if a kid walked in and he or she even hinted at alcohol they got checked. It was a known fact it was going to happen. I had my suspicions when the kids would not look at me or acknowledge me as they passed through the door. Trying to ignore me was a dead give away.

If you saw me going in and you had been consuming, the odds of you getting checked were close to 100%. I had a number pull up and when the door of the car opened up, NO ONE got out. They would simply close the door and drive away. I had the full support of the principals inside. In fact, they would bring them to me and they expected a PBT to be done.

If they tested positive, the parents were called ASAP with the demand they were to come and pick up junior or the little missy.

I'm sure there were some disappointed parents but no one pitched a fit because the rules were up front. I can't help but think the rules were well known by the parents and the students before this whole thing blew up. Butt hurt people seem to have to blame someone else for their problems and complaints.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.