Wish I had some pics of this one when I bought it 3-4yrs ago. Rough is an understatement. Blueing was over half gone, the thick finish on the stock was about half gone too. However, I noticed it had very nice figure in the wood and I couldn't see any deep scars in the wood. It originally had a 4x BSA with see-through rings. It languished in one of the local pawn shops for a while marked at $250. Finally the manager told me I could have it for $200 OTD since nobody wanted a 35Rem, only 30-30s. I'd been wanting to try my hand at refinishing a stock, and I figured I couldn't hurt this one much.

Lots of elbow grease later I got all the old finish off and all the minor scuffs removed. Many coats of Watco Danish Oil later, it really is a nice looking stock. I then decided to take the BA to a local smith who is fantastic at re-blueing older guns and making them look original. At that point it had a Weaver style rail mount with some cheap rings and a Vortex 2-7x32 up top. Serviceable, but I've never been wild about those rails and I've always thought a straight tube scope looked better on a lever gun. Recently bought a Burris base here in the classifieds and got a good deal a while back on a Monarch UCC 1.5-4.5x20.

Finally got it all put together and ready to use this fall. I bought some LeverEvolution to work up some loads. I've hunted with it sporadically over the years but never bloodied it. I plan to change that this year.

I figure I'm about $500 in the whole setup, plus a good bit of my time and effort, but I think it's turned out to be worth it.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.