In 2001 I bought my wife a Tahoe. It was nice on the road, but the trans wouldn't stop shifting around in and out of OD, whether in CC or not, flat road, a/c off, etc. I took it back to the dealer so many times they bought it back. I purchased an ext cab 1500 z71 "off road" package. Disappointing in every way except on pavement, unloaded. I don't think we had it more than four months tops and I dumped it and bought an Ford with the 7.3l diesel. Still have it.

Prior to this we'd had quite a few different cars, several pick-ups, mostly Ford f150s, one '96 Dodge Cummins. That Dodge had a great running gear set up with the 5.9l, a NV4500 5 speed, xfer case was a 242 I believe, and a D60 front,D70 rear. If the body hadn't started coming apart I'd have kept it. In fact if I found a rolled one I'd be tempted to buy it salvage and put an old school iron body on it.

I guess Chevy makes a decent car weather it comes with a cargo box or not, Ford makes a real pick-up. Dodge ... well I don't think I'll ever buy another one.

Toyota's are solid but poor fuel mileage.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson