For the first time in about 12 years, my humming birds aren't here either. I thought it was the juice, but after changing it several times I'm sure it's not the food. It's interesting to hear of the same thing in PA. I have no idea what's different.

Here's a map of reports from this year....

https://www.learner.org/jnorth/maps/humm_ruby_spring2016.html

I dunno if the population is up or down.

The weather AFAIK was pretty normal in Central America this winter, and no major storms over the Gulf either last fall or this spring. Heck, we didn't even have any major spring cold fronts with the accompanying strong north winds to wear 'em out.

'nother thing that can get 'em is going down and coming back along the overland route around the Gulf along the East Coast of Mexico (as most apparently do).

Birds can actually starve to death on migration if they hit a barren patch but no major drought conditions along the East Coast of Mexico that I'm aware of.

One thing to recall is that our feeders ain't even a drop in the bucket compared to the presence or absence of natural food sources over the couple of million square miles or so of real estate occupied by the species.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744