Best friends inherited a somewhat neglected one from his grandfather knowing nothing about them other than he wanted me to look at it. I didn't know the barrel was a Tikka until I saw it and was excited to explain to him what that meant. I took it apart and cleaned a fair amount of copper from it then scrubbed and lubed every part. Trigger was not bad and everything soon felt better overall. I gave him a Weaver K6 and bore sighted using simple line of sight through the bore.

He took it to his lease to sight it in and called me immediately. He was pretty wound up. Said he thought something was seriously wrong because he didn't know where his second and third shot went......at first. You can guess the rest. Looks like they shoot as well as all those other Tikka's folks keep talking about.

Funny but that was his first and only one hole group ever. Up until then had been using ancient scopes despite my proddings and was absolutely floored by the view and brightness of the K6. I don't know who felt better in the end, him or me?

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius