There has been nothing new released this week from AGFC on the subject of CWD. However I was able to participate in a survey from AGFC on the Proposals listed above, released 5-19-16.

They asked a ? or 2 on each proposal and invited comments for EACH one. I answered from MY perspective and opinions SO I'm sure the majority will have different opinions. I don't know whether they will give any consideration or not but I took advantage of the opportunity.

First I suggested that 'feeding' not baiting be allowed December thru February to help deer/Elk during Winter. I reminded them of our ICE/SNOW Dec 99-Jan 2000.

Their opposition to rehabilitation focused on relocation of rehabbed animals to different counties. I suggested those animals be returned to their home counties.

I opposed the CWD management areas for PRIVATE landowners. I said I felt that would 'encourage' land owners to 'claim' ownership of said deer/elk. smirk

I opposed noticeably the legalization of 'button' bucks to be checked as 'antlerless' deer. I feel that would ONLY encourage MORE fawns, especially, buck fawns being killed. frown

This survey specified Elk killed out of the 5 counties named during deer season be 'antlerless' instead of ANY elk as listed in the proposal. I questioned WHY bulls could NOT be killed also.

I vigorously opposed ANY high fence hunting enclosure whether commercial or NOT!! mad

Those were the more important issues that I 'remember'. It may have been a waste of time effort but it made me FEEL better.

Jerry

Last edited by jwall; 05/28/16.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!