Hello,
First post here; just wanted to say that I joined the forum to thank the OP for posting that chrono data - very rare to find this info for reduced-load _jacketed_ bullets for the Whelen.

Since everybody loves pics, I thought I'd include some of a recent project: a Rem 660 with the very similar .350 Remington Mag, cut to 16.5"&threaded, and a Liberty Hoosier .35Whelen-rated suppressor.

[Linked Image]

This year (after reading this thread), I finally purchased Quickload to help me develop some subsonic loads for this rifle.
Needless to say, starting with the chrono data posted above was very helpful, thanks again.

[Linked Image]

Above are a few candidates. From left to right:
- Speer 158gr 158gr swaged HP
- Winchester 158gr JHP
- 180gr cast SWC
- Badman Bullets 230gr cast WC (similar to the Penn 230gr 'Thunderhead')
- 200gr Remington factory load

So far, the two best candidates are the 158gr JHP (I'm transitioning to the excellent Hornady XTP) and the 230gr WC - which my LGS actually got to feed from the magazine after some feed throat polishing.

[Linked Image]

My particular goal are velocities below 1100 fps of course. Although I don't have any Trailboss, I'm fortunate to have plenty of SR4759, Blue Dot, and Red Dot. It looks like the SR4759 data posted at the beginning of this thread is pretty close to subsonic already. Also, I am prepared to go down to 30% loading density for Red Dot, which should also give me a safe & accurate subsonic load. Blue Dot is a less-desirable candidate IMO; but I have gone down to 50% loading densities on other loads with it - so I know there are at least some possibilities with it.

Good stuff. smile

Last edited by Kestrel; 05/28/16.