I've shot the 165 BTHP end to end on a deer that was about 140 lbs. This was out of a .308 at about 50 yards.

Never have recovered one, but the vast majority of the shots have been through the lungs and out the other side, not a real challenging task on the smaller deer we gave in VA.

A friend also shot one end-to-end through a deer with an '06 and the 165 grain bullet. His deer was heavier than the one I shot, and MV is a little higher than with my .308.

One bullet that did not make it through was a 40 yard shot using a 300 WinMag, MV of 3150 fps. It blew up on the shoulder. That was an extreme test for the bullet, but the deer died anyway. Right there, like it was struck by lightning. This was also the 165 grain version.

I'm thinking they work good if you keep impact velocity under 2900 fps.

They are very accurate out of any of the rifles I've tried them in, but don't have the best of BC, so if you shoot any distance with them, you're gonna have to be on top of your wind and range estimate. But they work good for me.

I've not tried the Gameking, and have found the Pro-Hunter to be a little on the soft side, too.