Originally Posted by Seafire
Call it nostalgia, but my favorite two actions are the Enfield ( 1914 or 1917), and then the 03 Springfield.

So guys like me tend to give a little more for them, but I don't think I am alone.

Just horse traded off for a 1917 Remington Made Action, that had a Fajen Stock, a semi heavy barrel that was fairly new, had the modified floor plate, made to be cocked on closing, replaced or tuned real good trigger job, with a Lyman Rear and Front Globe sights... the guy was asking $300 for this one.. with the upgrades I figured they alone were worth a lot more than that, so the action basically free...

Reblued, and nice job all the way around.. stock had some scratches so I don't think it was the rifles only barrel after the original military one.

Will redo the recoil pad, but other than that I'm very happy with it, I enjoy shooting those 100 year old gals..

I actually like them better than the infamous pre 64 model 70: Imagine that. However, that doesn't mean they are worth much. A rifle like what is pictured by the OP is probably only worth about $275.00.....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA