Originally Posted by cervus
Ingwe,,,,,Hey thanks for the terminal info on the ttsx. Are pretty keen on these. Rifle is a 1 in 8 twist and I have abox of 50gr ttsx plus a few 55gr ttsx on hand.

Just out of interest did you have any difficulty finding an accurate load with these,, I ask as with my rifle to feed from magazine they require quite a bit of jump??

Good questions.

No trouble finding an accurate load.....I found a good load with a handful of different powders...IMR4064, IMR4895, H335, and TAC. TAC offers the most in speed and temperature insensitivity. IMR4895 is a pretty close second.
First: the TTSX will usually require a bit of a jump. Barnes recommends .050 but mine often run a tad more.
Found out the 1 in 8 twist is the way to go.....I have a 1 in 12 that LOVES them at my present altitude of 3800 feet,HATED them at 600 feet in Texas. The 1 in 8 shoots good everywhere.
I actually got more speed out of the 55 TTSX over the 50 grainer ( Less bearing surface =less pressure=less velocity on the 50 grainer)
Ive used them, plus the 50 grainers, plus the 53 gr TSX extensively on deer sized game and recovered exactly one bullet...a 53 gr TSX.
Was just exchanging ideas with an Aussie on this forum about this and its use on Red Deer and Sambar. I wouldn't hesitate if you are confident on your shot placement....

Last edited by ingwe; 06/03/16.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe