I remember those and if my rememberer is working correctly this morning, they were designed to fit in the factory dove tail slot which is why a lot of people liked them. With a Micro sight, you could have an adjustable sight and install it yourself. The Bomar sight required a machine shop or gunsmith shop to install which added to it's already expensive option. But all of the sho nuff pistolero's shooting custom guns of my time used Bomar's to shoot the 45 leg of the 2700 bullseye matches.

In those days Colt Gold Cups came with a Colt Elliason rear sight and an 18 pound recoil spring for wad cutters. Of course, some of us like me put a 20 pound recoil spring in our Gold Cups and shot brown box hard ball in it. The Elliason sight was excellent, but it used a solid pin to attach the adjustable sight blade to the sight body and as we quickly discovered, after about 2000 rounds of hard ball, that pin broke and your sight blade flew past your ear off somewhere never to be seen again. So we replaced the solid pin with a rolled pin and that solved that problem.

Man those were the days. I can still smell the gunpowder and see all of those guys on the firing line like it was yesterday. On the rapid fire string with all of us shooting Bullsey powder that smokes like hell and shooting under a 50 position covered firing line using grease/wax lubes, there was so much smoke after the shooting that you could hardly breathe. But the only people who know anything about that is all of you boys who are getting long in the tooth like me and it'sa dam shame. It'sa hellofva thing to realize you ain't 10 feet tall and bullet proof any more. Well maybe some of the younger guys still are anyway. grin grin We always need some of them around and I wish them well because in today's world, they need all the help they can get.

Despite what your momma told you, violence does solve problems.