[Linked Image]

(This is actually from May 29th. I'm just a bit slow to post...)

After getting a glimpse of a rogue boar Friday evening, I've been on the lookout for his return and even sweetened the deal by leaving out some additional enticement in the form of corn and a few other goodies. And shortly after 6 a.m. on the 29th, his quest for an easy meal turned into a fairly simple shot for me.

From a relatively stable rest near the house, I was able to place a 120 grain Ballistic Tip from my 7mm Bullberry Contender carbine right where it mattered most. With the slight quartering angle, the Nosler entered tight behind the onside shoulder and exited the center of the opposite shoulder, wrecking the heart and taking out a portion of the lungs as well. The hog went exactly 10 yards after the shot and left a swath of red-painted grass along the way. The exit was the size of a quarter and had small bone fragments in evidence. The range of the shot was 210 yards.

After years of using almost nothing but 140 grainers with outstanding success in this and the 7-30 Waters as well, I dropped down to 120s in both last winter in an effort to reduce the already-mild recoil even more due to persistent pain in the shoulders. My notes are next door, but the load -- propelled by LVR -- develops somewhere around 2650 fps and is exceedingly accurate.

[Linked Image]