So, having only dabbled in knife 'collecting' from a while back, and mostly from a military perspective, I'm short of knowledge on latest/greatest makers/designs. However, what I WANT: 4.5-6", drop-point (or?), heavy hunter/tactical/survivor, that's going to fill my needs for practical use AND staying alive, whether I'm hunting/cleaning/skinning, farting around in a jungle somewhere, or on a mountainside somewhere else, or going through more SERE, or sticking in something living, as a last resort. Needs to be non-flashy, but not necessarily 'tacti-cool'. Not looking at some $400-800, cool kid edition, but willing to pay for good to get good. Want to likely have a custom leather or kydex made to carry a few other essentials like my preferred fire starter and magnesium, some hooks/braided line, etc. Any heavy chopping/sawing, and I'll have tools to resort to for that (usually), but I guess it needs to fill in a pinch? Becker BK2 seems along those lines, but I have no idea of quality of that or anything else these days.

What I need is help shopping that: 5Ws.

....if you would?

Thanks

Last edited by hh4whiskey; 06/09/16.