Going to a shoot this weekend. My son and his beautiful wife are coming in from Indiana tonight and Eric and I will be heading up to Pine City, Mn. for a shoot while the womenfolk do what womenfolk do-go shopping.

Eric's got a bunch of buddies who gather from all points for one weekend every year, a homecoming of sorts, to shoot their toys, swap lies, and just enjoy some time away from work. I went with these guys last year and just had a ball. As the resident old fart of the group, they treat me pretty good. I'll run a few through my AR and a couple other guns, and mostly just sit back and watch. Looks like I'm chief cook and bottle washer this year as I will be bringing a camp stove and about 4 billion cheap hot dogs.

These guys don't scrimp on their guns. Lots of neat stuff. Tons of AR's, Ak's, SKS's, FAL's, even a few Garands, M-14's and M-1's, not to mention any number of handguns. One guy last year had an AR with a slide fire stock on it, and I was surprised at how fast he could run it and was actually hitting an old fridge set up about 75 yards out.

The guys all agreed that the hotdogs will taste better than the MRE's everyone showed up with last year. It's a good bunch of guys and I'm really looking forward to seeing them again.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla