Originally Posted by travelingman1
Have a Cimarron 1873 that has great fit/finish, shoots great, etc.. But it is not a Winchester. Would not be ashamed to put it up against the Mirikou built ones though.

I saw and handled the Cimmaron 1873 and 1866 lines last Friday at the End of Trail Cowboy Action Shooting festival in Edgewood, NM. They are very slick, especially the three demonstrator 1873s that had action jobs and short stroke modifications. Of course, numerous CAS gunsmiths can do those modifications to a stock gun if desired.

In terms of cosmetics, they are awfully attractive and I saw nothing to criticize otherwise. Of course, Uberti makes them all, like other Cimmaron items, but I am told all these brands are made per specs set forth by the marketer, so Cimmaron products may be a little different from others.

I defer to others about issues like pressures and durability. From what I know about Miroku International, though, I expect top quality.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).