The optics won't disappoint you with the Zeiss. It's brilliant. Erector excursion may or may not matter; it sounds like you were planning on using the reticle anyway? And even still it'll get you quite a ways out there.

Tracking, I can only speak to my sample of one. Here's a pic of a test I shot when it was mounted on a 300 WM Sendero. I was dialing between every shot. You can see where it jogs left a bit.

[Linked Image]

I killed my buck at 602 yards last year using this scope. It tracks adequately well for "most" uses.

Since you mention Nightforce, I upgraded to the NF NXS 5.5-22x50. I like it very much. It's a step up, mechanically, for sure!

I also have a 3-10 SHV; as far as I can tell so far it has excellent tracking. I've heard good things about the larger SHV's in that regard too. I've looked through the 5-20 SHV at a store and it certainly seemed nice optically!

$800 is an interesting price point. Just a bit more and you do crack into some really nice scopes... tough one. Red Hawk Rifles has had some demo 6-20 Conquests; might be worth a look. As a general statement I'd rate the SHV over the Conquest.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!