Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Ask the Colo fish & game dept how they'd feel about it. I'm guessing they'd be rather displeased.

I can tell you exactly how they feel about it ... and so can the two guys that I saw get ticketed for doing it.

A few years back I was about a half-mile west of the Colorado/Kansas state line during deer season, standing in the middle of a county road visiting with the local Colorado WCO. A pickup pulled up on the Kansas side of the line and the occupants extended a rifle from the window and started shooting prairie dogs in Colorado. The officer observed this and counted the shots. He asked me if I counted the same number as he did (7) and then mentioned that their activity was going to cost them at least $75 per shot. They finally noticed that there was someone else in the vicinity and hurriedly drove east into Kansas. He pursued them for several miles before they pulled over.

Turned out they were a couple of off duty LEO's from Kansas ... Deputy Sheriff and Highway Patrolman.

Oh yeah, they got tickets. Lots of tickets.

Shooting across state lines, shooting from a vehicle, hunting on private property without permission, shooting from a public road, hunting without the proper license, evading an officer ... etc.

Colorado WCO was really, really pissed. "They knew better!" was all he snarled when asked about it later. I imagine it was kind of hard to explain to their superiors too.

Last edited by plainview; 06/26/16.

"Don't let so much reality into your life that there's no room left for dreaming"