Originally Posted by centershot
Son and I drew Bulls in Unit 50 - I also drew an early antelope archery tag in 46. Should be a fun year.

Great units both. I've spent considerable time in each for bighorn and mnt goat. Great country with some great animals.
I have video of us glassing for mnt goat when about 18 bull elk came over a pass at about 10,000' in unit 50. [/quote]

Pretty excited about the Elk tags. I have shot a few bulls archery in there but never have been able to draw a rifle tag. Last fall deer hunting in the same area I about had to shoo a 6 point bull out of the way every morning on my way to the bucks. Usually see several good bulls each year bowhunting but end up shooting the first one I get close to. I have shot several antelope on the that early archery tag also. It's a fun one that is great to draw if you end up archery elk hunting. It starts Aug. 15 so I usually have one before the archery deer/elk kicks off in Sept. At any rate I should be able to drag my hunting out for 2 1/2 months this fall!

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope