Back in the days before steel shot, I used to do alot of waterfowling and reloaded all of my own shells. I used a Lee Loadall for this and it worked ok but the hulls that worked the very best were winchesters and of those the AA's were the ones that reinged supreme.

All other hulls, and this includes Federal premiums, Remingtons and Peters, would give me fits with the crimp. They would pop open spilling the bb's out.

I wrote to Lee and asked them for a sizer for 1 3/8 oz. of shot and they had me take one, I believe it was the 1 1/4 oz sizer and just cut a certain amount off of it. It has been so long that I don't remember what powder or charge I was using. The old Load all loaded up a lot of shot gun shells for me back in those days. When I went to 3 inch shells, I used hulls from the winchester super x 3 inchers. I had an Ithaca side x side with 32 inch barresl choked full and full and it was a great gun for pass shooting. I went to a 3 inch 1 3/8 oz load in it that was a little stouter than I had been loading in the AA's.

Unless they have made some improvements in the crimping part of the operation in the last 30 years, you will be better off to buy AA hulls and use them. At least that is my experience.

I just recently dug the thing out and gave it to friend who reloads black powder shotgun shells but he won't use it to measure the powder with. He'll use it for everything else.
Good luck.