My good friend Mike Hodges, along with his friend also named Mike, and myself floated the Missouri over the weekend. Man, we had a great trip. Fishing there just never gets old despite the hundreds of guides, dudes, and fly swatting drift boats. While we don't enjoy seeing the hordes of people, we make our own fun and let the fish keep us distracted.

Here is one of the first fish of the day and I think the best rainbow I landed that day.
[Linked Image]

Me doing my thing and right in the middle of my Happy Place!
[Linked Image]

Mike's friend Mike had the magic touch for browns on the float. He caught more browns than the other two of us combined.
[Linked Image]

Mike Hodges wasn't to be outdone and landed some very nice fish of his own.
[Linked Image]

About an hour into the trip I was attempted to release a nice rainbow I had caught when he pitched a fit and the hook came loose unexpectedly. The lure came shooting back at my hand like at arrow and the treble hook buried itself in the tip of my left index finger. Hurt like a son of a gun. Pert near cussed. Anyway it took me a while but I was able to remove the hook from the lure, clip the other two barbs off, and then stabilize the hook with a Band-Aid so it wouldn't flop around or catch on anything. It was early in the trip and I didn't want everyone to have to cut their trip short on my account so we went right back to fishing. I fished for 5 more hours with that hook in my finger.
[Linked Image]

The fishing was great and I had no regrets. Heck we even did a second float and picked up few more fish. Here's one from the second float of the day. The two Mike's kicked my butt for the size on browns. I thought mine were still decent though, plus I caught more fish than both of them combined, so that has to count for something. Did it with a hook in my finger no less, so Mike H verbally awarded me a Man Card for the day for toughing it out. smile
[Linked Image]

Is it Friday yet?