My Alpine Mountain rifle just came in. I ordered it with the standard bottom metal(BDL). When I went down to pick it up. It arrived with the detachable magazine floor plate installed and the complete BDL bottoms metal assembly in the box along with it but there was no magazine included?

I was curious as to the weight of the rifle because I have read posts that the rifle is heavier than the 5.7 lbs that is advertised so we put the rifle on the UPS scale at the gun shop. The rifle with the hanging tags and DM bottom assembly with no magazine bounced back and forth between 5.6 - 5.8 pounds. Of course if I had a mag installed it would be a bit more, so I see the advertised weight being spot on if I installed the mag and removed the hanging tags.

Is this common for the rifle to ship with no mag when ordered with a standard bottom metal ?

Also I would like to see some load data that has worked for you Alpine 6.5 Creedmoor owners.

Last edited by SMACK; 07/04/16.

All the best things in life, live on the other side off fear.

The true eye sees not the despair of its victims, only the elegance of equilibrium. It's a demonstration of superior judgment.