Yes, I went to a gun show. First one in a few years. Got tired of the same ol' same ol'.
Today was a bit different. I was there helping a local organization find some donations for their event.
So, I'm wandering through the 8x fired brass, over-priced re-manufactured ammo and the 12 dozen $700 RAR's when I come to a gentleman with 6-8 rifles on his table.
He's got an original Krag still in military set up for $850. Over to the side though is a 'sporterized' Krag that someone didn't mess up too badly. The plate on the butt is oversized but the woodwork was done fairly well. Barrel wasn't cut down and still had the front sight on it. Bore is still sharp and no pitting that I could see. It had been d&t's for a side mount though.
He tells me he's been trying to 'give it away' and no one was interested so he was going to raise the price. We talked a bit more and I went on my way. His parting comment was that he'd sell it to me at the 'reduced' price.
I stopped down the aisle to check out the funds availability. Then wandered around some more.
A couple of hours later I went back. It was still there and I figured I'd throw a low number at him and see if he'd bite. He did. I got it for $150 OTD.
It's nothing fancy. But, it should prove to be a fun gun to muck around with at the range and maybe even take out hunting a time or three.

[Linked Image] <== 'High' quality butt plate smirk

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Find a peep sight and a pad that will fit and bring this old one back to life.

Support your local Friends of NRA - supporting Youth Shooting Sports for more than 20 years.

Neither guns nor Liberals have a brain.

Whatever you do, Pay it Forward. - Kids are the future of the hunting and shooting world.