I have Warne QD rings on my 375HH. Either tally copied warne or visa versa? not sure of the truth to the story but they are nearly identical.

On my Warne bases a company called Ashley outdoors makes a peep sight that clamps to the base when you remove the scope. This is a brilliant design which is tough and made with near indestructible construction.

So the 375HH has the basic flip up factory rear sight, the scope in QD rings, and the option of using the Ashley outdoors peep. AS a PH I chose this set of options to be able to have some type of sighting system in the event of failure of the scope or the rear open sight.

The Peep is deadly accurate to 100 yards, the opens are not as good but functional. The 2.5-8X32 VXIII has been on the rifle for about 2 decades and has never been removed due to failure.

If I was not going to have QD rings, I would opt for Leopold Dual Dovetail rings. They are the strongest most bullet proof designed rings made by the hands of man.

There is another company on the scene now that I would strongly consider and actually more then likely choose. LaRue tactical. The rings and bases they make are simply astonishing if your going down the path of QD mounts.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)