Originally Posted by Gramps2
Used Talley LW extra low ring mounts, and you guys were right. The very front mount screw is too long. I had reversed the front mount as to get a little more room for scope placement. I hope I have not created another problem, as in getting that screw loosened without breaking it. I think I will place the gun upside down, and put some WD on the end of the screw that protrudes, and let it soak for a day or two then try to get it out, hopefully without breaking the screw off. Thanks to all who provided information. You would think that an old dog like me would have caught that right off, but contrary to "you can't teach an old dog new tricks", with the help you guys provided this old dog has learned a new trick.

Thanks to all,

G2
Just to clarify, that "too long" front screw belongs in the rear. Look at the thickness difference in that portion of the action to understand why. Putting the shorter front screw in the rear will engage the threads, but not very deeply. Just switch the screws around and you will be fine, if the front one comes out.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.