I was shooting 500-1000 rounds a week, minimum, at the time I had my Glock 19, between several different guns, .45s, Supers, 10mms, and 9s, and competing literally every weekend, for about 17 years straight. Dunno how many pistols I've owned, but I've worn out (literally) two Browning Hi-Powers, and cracked a frame on a 1911 Colt that I bought used, and ran it as a match gun for most of those years.

I also shot a lot of revolvers during that time. If I didn't shoot enough, I'd be real confused about what WOULD be enough. I was pretty well-rounded with ANY kind of handgun excepting Contenders and XPs. Nothing smaller than 9mm, but mostly the over .40 crowd.

Naw, I was shooting enough, the Glocks just don't fit me properly. I don't like Lugers or Steyr pistols, either, and not too fond of Ruger .22 autopistols, for that matter. I like the 1911-angled grip better, or better yet, the CZ-75 angle.

I think the arthritis I'm getting in my wrists/hands is payback for all those years shooting every chance I got. I didn't have a life otherwise, single, making okay money, it ALL went food for me, and feeding my pistols, or match fees. I was "ate up" with it. Took me 17 years to burn out, but now I'm slowly getting back into it.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.