Originally Posted by jimmyp
Yondering, I am inclined to ask you to list them, it would not be the first time a technician was wrong at a vendor. That said would you buy a Gen 2 glock for $350 over a new Gen 4 for $560 plus tax? If there is a major plus for the Gen 4 I would like to understand it.
Only in the "feel" of the gun.

The Gen4 dual captive recoil springs was touted as reducing recoil, and increasing the lifespan of their pistols. I will say, it will do that, but potentially at the cost of reliability. The first Gen4's were way over-spung and reliability suffered greatly. They're fine for NATO or +P loads, but over-sprung for standard pressure.

The REAL reason Glock went to the dual springs is to increase the lifespan of their slides. If you're shooting 9mm NATO, .40 or .357 Sig, then you WILL eventually break a Glock slide (and pretty much anyone elses slide).

If you plan on using NATO pressure 9mm, then the dual spring is just fine. But if you want to practice with standard pressure 9mm, then pick up the standard Gen1-3 9mm spring for whatever model you have.