...yes, bowling pins come right off the table with a 500 S&W loaded with 350 grain bullet at 1100 fps....

The standard .41 Magnum load of 8.0 grains of Unique with a 210 Berry's at 950 fps takes them right off the table also. So does a fully loaded .38 Super pushing a 124 at 1300 fps.

As to where to hit them...just below the fattest part of the pins body.

Most fun pin shoot I ever went to was a "10 Pin" shoot at a club in Salem, Oregon with one of the guys here on the Campfire...RGS. 3x3' piece of plywood for a table top with a full ten-pin setup on top...I believe the distance was 15-20 yards... We were using his 8 3/8" 657 .41 Magnum. My best run I cleared the table with 5 rounds. If you hit the head pin in just the right spot just like in bowling it would take half the pins off the table first shot.

I think you had a thirty round max to clear the table. If you cleared the table there was five clay bird on a board that you could break for bonus points. The second half of the shoot started with a bowling pin hanging from a rope at 50 yards. You had to start it swinging to go to a fifty yard target and put as many points on the target as possible. Any rounds that you didn't use on the bowling pins could be shot at the target once you started the bowling pin swinging... It was a total of 50 rounds of ammo...don't remember what the time limits were...

Bob

Last edited by RJM; 07/21/16.

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....