The Ruger AICS mags already have material absent where the ejector needs to lay down after being depressed as the bolt moves forward. This is true for the 3- and 5-round synthetics as well as the factory 10-round mag. As near as I can tell, all AICS .308 mags share this feature.

I compared the bolt face, extractor and ejector to that in my Hawkeye .280 Remington and could not see any difference in the ejector, the ejector slot in the bolt, or, with the 3-round mag installed, the area where the ejector lays when the bolt is closed.

Just got back from the range where my long time hunting buddy and a son-in-law and I spent about 4 hours shooting the Scout and several other rifles. The long range berms were closed for dirt work so we stuck with paper at 100 and clay pigeons on the berm behind the target stands. The lightweight .308 Scout, with its iron sights, was the fun gun star of the day. With spotters I was able to tweak the ghost ring a tad to the left, after which virtually every shot broke a clay. I was aiming just under the clays so I suspect it will be perfect for 200 yards.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.