Built one for my Grandson about 5-6 years ago. A great rifle that cost a lot of money. This is the 600 receiver.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I do not like cammo, but if that what your Grandson wants, that is what he gets.
[Linked Image]
I learned fully machined receiver is a poor approach to duplicate a custom. The 600 receiver raceway was reamed, the front ring squared to the reamed bore, lug abutments cut perpendicular to the reamed raceway, and single point the barrel threads. An Anshutz bolt release was added and a cut made in the front ring to allow a long loaded round to eject. The rear receiver screw was opened to 1/4X28TPI. After this was done I bought a PT&G bolt to fit the reamed raceway. I wanted the bolt to have the .062 firing pin hole and I bought the firing pin assembly and the 3 pos safety. I purchased a bolt handle and shipped it to Dan Armstrong in Fairbanks, Ak. Dan tig welded the handle on and timed it for proper bolt lift and extraction. I used the M16 extractor. The 600 receiver has a short tang and would not allow a Jewell or Shilen trigger. The rear tang screw was about .150" into the back of a 7 or 700 type trigger. It has a Shilen barrel and a Brown Precision pounder stock. I believe we put a 2.5X8 Leupold on it. We use 95 grain Bibs bullets in it. So far all has been 1 shot kills.I would never spend this kind of money on building a Remington receiver properly. I could have bought a custom.