I have mentioned this in Dave's Chickenbuck thread, and I'll bring it up again. One of our own, and a bona fide good guy needs some help. Berettaman spearheads a Youth Outdoors Day up in Alexandria. This will be the 4th year for this event, I believe. It keeps growing every year. They are expecting over 2,000 kids this year, and should shatter that mark.

The event is held on Sunday, August 28th. It is totally free of charge to the kids, and their adult attendees. There will be exhibits, vendors, lots of giveaways for the kids, and lots of seminars to help hook these kids on the out of doors. Displays and seminars run the gamut. Anything from archery shoots, muzzleloaders for the kids to shoot, duck hunting fishing, trapping GPS use and woodscraft. The highlight of the show in the past has been a trick shooting exhibit at day's end that is very popular. The kids will all get a gift bag full of goodies, and there will be lots of door prizes ranging from archery equipment, to fishing gear, bb guns, and lots of other stuff.

With 2000 kids coming, it takes a lot of people to keep this running smoothly. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Here's your chance to give a little back, and get some kids fired up about hunting fishing, trapping, and the likes. Look at your calendars, free up just one day for the betterment of the sports we all love. Volunteers are needed for everything from traffic control, regrsitration, working with the exhibitors to do their displays, set up tear down, clean up, and everything else that goes with running an event this size. As for me, I will be most likely working with the guy doing the muzzleloader exhibition. This is hands on-the kids shoot the guns. I will be one of his loaders.

Free up a day guys! Everyone can come up with one day to help. Please contact Berettaman to volunteer. If you have any questions I'll try to answer them for you too.

'Hope to see you guys there.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla