Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Beautiful rifle, couple of questions:

Length of pull?
Weight without scope?
Finally, how does she shoot?

Thank you

Thanks for the questions;

LOP : 13 3/4" The stock is very comfortable in my hands, it has a nice cheek piece and the recoil pad is ~ 5/8" thick. It says HS Precision but I think Pachmyr made them.

Weight: The OEM spec sheet says 7# 12 oz. I do not have a postal scale but my bathroom scale says between 7 and 8 pounds as shown with Leupold QR mounts and rings.

One of the Gun Review articles said his 30-06 weighed 7# 10oz, unloaded. The other (Guns and Ammo) said his .280 weighed 7.15 lbs.

So How does she shoot ??:

I have described above how I followed Kreiger's recommended barrel break-in procedure (apprx 30 rounds). Then I sighted the rifle in with Federal Premium ammunition and took it hunting. The rifle made four trips Out West in a hard case in the back of a truck and never saw the light of day. I confirmed zero before each trip and the rifle shot dead on zero before each trip. I did not save any targets. In short, this rifle has seen range use only and was never carried in the hunting field.

So, this was 20 years ago. It shot better, much better than "minute of elk", or mule deer or black bear or anything else.
The two articles quote 3 shot groups of from 3/8" to 5/8" with two different Mountain Eagle rifles.

Other published reviews of the ME say basically the same thing about accuracy in the reviews of these rifles i.e. "excellent".

I hope this answers your questions.

Last edited by Natty_Bumpo; 07/23/16.

NRA Life Member
"Use Enough Gun"- Robert Ruark