I use this one:

http://www.kingscamo.com/Neo-Tech-Bow-Carrier_p_1051.html

Very quiet, easy to slip off, and I can't pull the bow directly out of it while it is hanging, and carrying it slung. It's very secure, without straps around the string and cables. The cup(s) over the cams/wheels do an excellent job of keeping the bow secure.

The loop on the end allows you to stretch the sling off of the bow when you need it, it takes one hand and about 3-5 seconds to go from slung to ready to shoot. Cabelas has one like it, I bought mine from Kings, the sling is from Tarantula archery products.

The sleeve is neoprene reinforced with elastic straps, and mine is going on it's second year of use with no stretch. The sleeve covers most cable, strings, and cams with very little change of them being damaged while moving.

I killed a cow elk at 14 yards last fall, and I "unslung" within 20 yards of her, she never heard me getting ready.

I tried the Apache sling from NAP, the buckles cracked and broke within six months. I've tried the Primos sling, and my hunting partner last year had the Primos, until I gave him one like mine. Our experience with the Primos was similar to the OP, good idea, but it didn't execute well for us. He could easily pull the bow out of the cam cups without unhooking the rest of the sling from the cable/strings.

Last edited by AH64guy; 07/24/16.