Having made the trek, though, we settled into some trees, and figured we'd try to wait them out. There was much glassing (and bs-ing...):

[Linked Image]

And surely enough, after about 3 hours, their curiosity got the better of them. One nose would poke over the ridge, then another, and another... In only a few minutes, there were 30+ Chamois hauling ass across the face of the ridge. They were bleating like a bunch of barnyard sheep, at well over shooting range. Worse, there was nothing but pairs of ewes with lambs. Not a great payoff for waiting so long.

A few minutes later, though, we saw some movement down low, and there were some likely candidates coming in at much better ranges. When I say, "likely candidates", I need to explain that our host had requested we take a female, between 2-4 years old, and preferably one that might not be in peak condition. I didn't understand it, but - their country, their province, their national park, their forest... their rules.

The group of 5 animals had one ewe with her lamb, so that left 3 possible shooters. So we waited, and held our breath, and got excited as they came into shooting range... and then one that was about the correct size and age stopped... and squatted to pee. BINGO!!!
(I told you that Paolo was awesome!) And in the end, we collected her. I'm sure Ready has lots more (and better) pictures:

[Linked Image]

If anyone must know, I used a Savage 10 in .308 with 130 TTSX bullet, and Leopold VX1 4-12x40. There - got that outa the way.

With the chamois accomplished, we attempted to collect some roe deer and red deer, so we went up high to do some glassing:

[Linked Image]

And Ready found a nice li'l perch:

[Linked Image]

Truth be told, it was actually a bit more precarious than it looked:

[Linked Image]

But he owned the territory like a boss:

[Linked Image]

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC