Originally Posted by strosfann
From what I understand they give us some pointers and we head off on our own with 2 way radios and a cooler full of water.

That's a cool way to do it. It gives you some freedom to move around on your own and feel like you are exploring (scenery doesn't change though laugh). If the fish cooperate its even better.

The only thing exposed on me will be what my SPF gloves don't cover on my fingers.

Good man. I am the same way. A little sea breeze and it isn't nearly as uncomfortable as people would think...though sometimes I skip the gloves (fish slimed gloves and palming a reel just doesn't work for me).

I'd rather sweat like a whore in church under the buff than have to reapply sunscreen 15x per day.

Same here...hate applying the stuff and have yet to find anything that doesn't mildly sting my face.

I plan on wading some if applicable so that will be a little cooler than fishing from the skiff.

Yeah, that can really help you cool off but until you find fish, the name of the game is usually covering ground. And unless you find a specific point or hole that the fish are just congregating in the schools are usually always on the move too.

I just hope we don't have any tropical systems that affect the trip as I'm really looking forward to it.

When is your trip planned? Hopefully the tropics stay calm but you always have the issue of scattered showers and storms to deal with. Just part of the game out there. They pop up and dissipate all the time. Just part of playing down here in the summer.

Hopefully everything works out for you. Its a blast out there and when conditions are right the fishing is truly epic. Especially when you get on the morning topwater bite.