A friend of mine here in Ontario owns a few hundred hectares in South Africa somewhere. So long as I fly there, he said he can hook me up with some places to stay, friends of his to go out and bum around with, a guide for a week, etc.

He claims that winter is the time of year that they cull a large number of animals, and that it will be a target rich environment.

I will likely be there for a few weeks, and the experience is more important than a "trophy hunt", although he assures me I will have a sore shoulder if I end up going on a cull hunt or two. I would like a hide or two for the house if possible, or even a euro mount. Something anyway.

He said they have lots of rifles, etc so I wouldnt necessarily need my own. He claimed that if I was to be set up with a guide, an excaliber crossbow or something would be adequate pay, since they dont have access to great equipment there.

Never been to Africa before, so start from the beginning here. haha.

If anyone has anything to add, advice, tips etc, please send them my way! I have lots of time, as it will be a jan/feb trip.

Thanks in advance!

Hutch

Last edited by Hutchy06; 07/25/16.