I am curious if any of you use this. I own many Lee products, but I think this item missed the mark.

The pictures are large so that you can see the detail better.

Unlike their older case trimming tool with the pilot, this one trims inconsistently, varying as much as 0.005. A good idea that fails, I think, with the cheesy trimmer blades and no proper way for the shavings to fall away.

[Linked Image]

They had a good idea being able to install it into a press. They even have an adjustment knob - the black knurled one in the photo - that adjusts the cutting length.

The fault, as I see it, is that brass collects in and around the blade. Some shavings fall out the bottom onto the case holder. Some also remain inside the die body.

The shavings will lead to inconsistent trim lengths, if the case holder is not kept clean. The base of the case will sit on them. You may be able to see some shavings on the holder below.

The shaft that fits into the die should also be kept greased. It doesn't say that in the instructions. That's the black shaft above the blade.

If it is not greased, it is basically a metal on metal grind, which makes turning the handle harder and will ruin the tool.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

You will get tired using this for more than a few dozen cases.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]