Last night, "something" hit the windchimes that hang off the double iron post with the bird feeder. The chimes are there because 1) they sound really nice on cool morning with a breeze and the windows open, 2) my wife really likes them, and 3) because they serve as an alarm system for me when critters get on the deck or feeder. Anyway...

The chimes started banging around a bit, and at 0330 it's pretty damned dark out. Up gets me, light in one hand and pistol in the other. I'm thinking it's likely a raccoon or a possum after the bird food, and either needs to not be there very quickly.

Light up the area with about 650 lumens, and a pair of these is what I see -

[Linked Image]

Cute little bastards, and not nearly enough of them around any longer. I chuckled, switched the light off, went back to bed, and hope they ate their fill. I won't be upset at all having them and theirs come by for a late night meal.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.