That is a beautiful log home.

I have built 8 log houses down here in the southeast. Mine are with logs that are flat on the sides, using the dovetail notch. This was the type of house built by the pioneers in the Appalachian mountains.

The house in this story uses Scandanavian full length scribing. They use round logs. This log building style is more difficult than the dovetail notch style.
They lay the next log on top of the existing log, then they use a scriber to mark the contours of the bottom log onto the top log.

Then the top log is removed and set on the ground, and they cut those marks with a chainsaw.
The top log fits exactly onto the contours of the bottom log. No chinking is used. My cabins use chinking.

My cabins are beautiful but I have always admired the Scandanavian full length scribing technique. It was brought to Minnesota by Swedish immigrants and this is the style of log house usually built in Minnesota, Montana, and British Columbia.

I bought a scriber for $110, 20 years ago, and I always wanted to build a house in this style, but I never got around to it.

Beautiful log home!