Originally Posted by Raeford
So I bought a new[to me] 14' Honda CRV last week. Thanks to those that gave input on that a while back.
Apparently the previous owner has paid for XM satelite radio and yep I'm enjoying it while it's free. But if I were paying for it, I'd be trying to get a refund! Reception is awful at best here in the mountains of Appalachia, especially with the trees fully leafed out. Even on many four-lane roads I've tried moving into the left lane and it's still intermittent at best. I suppose if a person traveled the interstate or was out in the wide-open spaces it would be different. It is also very intermittent when I'm in town around these massive 3-4 story buildings. grin
Just wasn't expecting so much 'no signal' time, but hey It's free, until it isn't[which may be the next time I get in the vehicle].

I Experience the same thing going home on I40 when passing exceptionally tall trees. I have had it so long I don't know if I could live without it(I take a lot of long trips). I tell them to cancel it at the end of the service period and they renegotiate every single time.

My wife's car has the sharkfin and my truck has a small flat rectangular unit on the roof and they are both about as effective.

Last edited by Oldelkhunter; 07/28/16.